Lofty Heights... 'Ohhh Bobby Zamooooora!!!'

A look at Queens Park Rangers F.C. through the eyes of the fans - follow us on twitter @loftyheights70, @LoftyQPR and @qprleeroy








Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Point Won, or Two Lost?


Leeds 0-0 QPR

Rangers finally got something from yet another 'six pointer' with a deserved draw at Elland Road. But maybe, it could have been all three?


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I know I have said this before, but whatever inspires the FA to arrange for London teams to travel to Yorkshire midweek is beyond me. Not for the first time this season, work commitments amongst other things, meant that I had to give this one a miss tonight. So, it was the BBC London commentary in which in my experience, is often more painful to listen too than actually watching the game.

I also had Sky Sports News on to catch the other goings on and it ultimately led to mixed conclusions. The BBC favoured Rangers, saying that we were by far the better side, Leeds were average and the game was there to be won. However, when Sky reported from Elland Road, it was Leeds that were well on top and creating all the chances!

Either way, I would have definitely taken a point before kick off so I am reasonably happy. But being unbiased as I am, I will go along with the BBC London opinion. By all accounts it was a dogged and determined Rangers display and one that was much improved on the Roots Hall showing.

QPR: Camp,Cullip, Bolder, Ainsworth, Rowlands, Lomas, Cook, Stewart, Timoska, Blackstock, Mancienne. Subs: Cole, Kanyuka, Furlong, Jones, Smith.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great result, lets hope we can build on this with a win at home to Olly's Plymouth - maybe they will distracted by their FA Cup run?!

    I'm also glad that we won as it relieves the pressure Gregory - ridiculous to even consider replacing him when (a) we're in the middle of a relegation scrap & (b) he's halfway through a difficult team/squad rebuilding job - and I have to say he's done a good job in the circumstances.
    SB

     
  • At 4:43 pm, Blogger bobo said…

    Hey Lofty,

    When we tied Leeds 2-2 back in August at LR I was ecstatic. Leeds fans were talking about the playoffs and I thought, "Well, maybe the new GW team is going get going." Now at the end of February I'm a lot less happy with a draw to them, even away.

    Still, the team hung in there and got something so hopefully we'll be flying and get all three against the Pilgrims. Give us a wave Ollie!

    Bobo

     
  • At 5:17 pm, Blogger LOFTY said…

    thanks SB - did we win?? YAAAAY!!

    hahaha, nah seriously, I think that rumour was ridiculous and I also think he has done a good job. Let's be honest, the players that have gone were never going to figure in the R's side regularly and what we don't need, is stock!

    Bobo - after the commentary, I was also a tad upset we couldn't get the three points. BUT, we didnt lose and kept a clean sheet and we NEED to take this into Saturday. I don't think our favourite gardener will be wanting to do us any favours!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home