Lofty Heights... 'Ohhh Bobby Zamooooora!!!'

A look at Queens Park Rangers F.C. through the eyes of the fans - follow us on twitter @loftyheights70, @LoftyQPR and @qprleeroy








Friday, February 09, 2007

Disgraceful...


Southend 5-0 QPR

Just as we thought this week couldn't get any worse...

Last week's victory, that gave everyone a lift seems a distant memory tonight as we came crashing back down to earth with the most almighty thud! Rangers yet again saved a diabolical performance for the Sky cameras and yet another 'six pointer' defeat.

An injury to my foot meant that I had to be sensible, take the docs advice and give this one a miss. The fact that it was on TV made it a bit more bearable but the biggest drawback of all, was that I had to sit through all of the replays! PK travelled to Roots Hall with young Phil who bought my ticket from me and to be honest, I am thinking of giving him his money back!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Southend took the lead on 9 minutes in a half they dominated. A somewhat dodgy backpass from Lomas was met by Royce who blasted the ball against Bradbury and into the net. Despite the hosts domination, Rangers had a definite penalty turned away after Cook was clearly tripped in the box. Not for the first time this season, a poor decision had cost Rangers dearly.

Onto the second half and although Rangers started to up the tempo, the game changed drastically on 69 minutes. Timoska went off, Rehman came on and the defence became a shambles and I don't think I need to go on from here.

QPR: Royce, Cullip (Jones 78), Bolder, Ainsworth (booked), Rowlands, Lomas, Cook, Stewart, Timoska (Rehman 69), Blackstock, Mancienne Subs: Cole, Nygaard, Smith

Lofty's Man of the Match - Dexter Blackstock

It remains to be seen if we are still out of the bottom three of the Championship by five o'clock tomorrow. But to be honest, we deserve to be there!

At this point, I must just give credit to Southend United tonight. They fought for every ball, they won every tackle, they never stopped working and basically wanted it more! They gave the type of performance that you would expect from a side fighting against relegation.


©LOFTY

5 Comments:

  • At 10:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Embarrassing, humiliating, just couldn't believe what I was hearing on BBC London commentary at work...

    Even if other results go our way today, we still have to do the business ourselves in the coming weeks and months. Are the players, the manager up for the fight?

    They will either galvanise themselves and put this right aginst Leeds - if only for their own self respect - or collapse and spiral into League One.

    Being at times unduly optimistic, I hope the former, but experience sadly leads me to expect the latter.

    Come on you Hoops - PLEASE prove me wrong...

    2Loftus

     
  • At 11:19 am, Blogger bobo said…

    The crashing sound that you just heard was my optimism smashing into a million pieces. This calls for a dramatic response. I'm wearing my kit shirt now and may not take it off until this game has been avenged. I don't care how many years it takes.

    Sorry to hear about your foot Lofty. I hope you are back to full strength soon.

    Tough to read but great report as always.

    Cheers,

    Bobo

     
  • At 11:56 am, Blogger LOFTY said…

    2loftus - I admire your optimism, well done. But we just CAN'T rely on other results - our destiny is in our own hands!!

    rodneeee - ditto to everything you said mate

    bobo - thanks for the kind words about my foot!

    I know the report was tough to read, but it was also tough to write too so thanks for your comment. To sit here after a 5-0 defeat and write a report and trying not to swear and curse was extremely dificult - it's almost like reliving the nightmare!

     
  • At 1:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Luckily I did not witness the display last night, but the result speaks for itself. I am gutted like everyone else, after last weekend's great result against Burnley. This week has been one of the worst I can recall in over 40 years supporting QPR after the diabolical match against the Chinese team. I hope the Chairman cancels contracts of those found to have been guilty of violent conduct as soon as possible, as they are a disgrace to QPR. Get the discipline right and build from there.

    Again, thanks Lofty, for your unbiased and interesting report.

     
  • At 5:55 pm, Blogger 2Loftus said…

    Leeds winning, Hull getting a point at Derby, Luton with a game in hand... worryingly, enough of the teams around us have found a bit of form in recent weeks. Not a good weekend.

    JG has mentioned more activity in the loan market soon - maybe we can loan Big Dan back as he's not been playing for Watford recently!

    10 days R+R until the next game - away at Leeds. We always do well there...

    ;O)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home