Lofty Heights... 'Ohhh Bobby Zamooooora!!!'

A look at Queens Park Rangers F.C. through the eyes of the fans - follow us on twitter @loftyheights70, @LoftyQPR and @qprleeroy








Friday, January 05, 2007

Ray of the Rangers


With the transfer window opening and all the other work I do for Loft for Words/QPR Rivals, I seem to have been permanantly sat at the computer this week.

But it is all in a good cause as I bring the great news that Ray Jones has finally put all the transfer speculation to bed by signing a 3 and a half year deal with QPR.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the players agent got involved and deal after deal was being rejected, I suspect most of us, including John Gregory, were almost resigned to losing the 18 year old striker.

Great News Indeed and Good Luck Ray!!


©LOFTY

4 Comments:

  • At 7:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good day Lofty:
    I trust this is good news, but I wonder just what happened. Did Jones grow up, did he fire his coach, was he unaware he would have to sit out for the rest of the season if he went to another team, did the outcry over the agents apparant actions cause him to reconsider. I hope it is all for his and the teams best interest, I guess we will have to wait and see.
    Hope you are not suffering from carpel tunnel syndrome with all this computor time.
    Good luck to the team tomorrow.

    Brian in Reno

     
  • At 10:01 pm, Blogger LOFTY said…

    Hahaha, thanks Brian. If I am honest, I neither know or care what happened, one of the most exciting talents to come out of QPR for years has signed on!!

    rodneeee - I agree, it has the makings of a deadly partnership!!

    Come on You R'ssss!!!

     
  • At 1:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woot, woot!!! Thank you Ray!! (But gee Ray, couldn't we have cleared this all up a long time ago and made everyone happier?)

    Good times Lofty. I thought JG's idea that he should stay with the Rs and be ready to move into a Premiership first team in a couple of years pretty compelling.

     
  • At 10:11 am, Blogger LOFTY said…

    thanks Bobo

    ... and I think JG is right! I am just happy he is going to be learning his trade with us and we will be reaping the benefits!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home